The PMA A-NZ Produce Executive Program is a fully residential business school style executive program with a unique blend of skill development, industry learning and networking led by world class teachers alongside senior industry leaders. The PEP format contains a mix of interactive lectures, syndicate groups (which are rotated during the week), case studies, group assignment workshops and industry discussion sessions.
You will examine a range of management and industry issues from varying perspectives and develop winning strategies for today’s global produce industry. The course is intensive and challenging but also very social and a lot of fun.
Date:6 – 11 May 2018
Venue:Sydney Conference & Training Centre
Registration fee:$6,950 plus GST for PMA A-NZ members
$7,950 plus GST for non members
(credit cards incur a 2% surcharge)
Availability:As of the 26th of April the program is fully booked. If you’d like to be added to a waiting list please contact the Program Manager, Anita Pike on 03 8640 0947 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is it for and how many places are there?
This course is for middle to senior managers across the supply chain and from all segments of the fruit, vegetable, flower, nut and nursery industries in Australia and New Zealand. We take no more than 42 participants which ensures you have plenty of opportunity to develop strong relationships with other delegates and faculty throughout the week.
Why should you attend?
- Step back from your day to day responsibilities and acquire the knowledge and skills required of senior produce industry executives in Australia and New Zealand.
- Learn and network for a week with industry people from throughout the supply chain and across multiple produce segments.
- Generate and develop several new ideas to take back to your business. With so much expertise in the room you will have huge opportunity to gain new perspectives on the challenges you face.
- Learn new skills and strategies in areas including negotiation, managing innovation, supply chain management, leading teams, marketing and succeeding in new markets.
Why should you send your people?
- Reward and up-skill your key talent. The program is a tool to help you develop and retain your most important assets. The cost of hiring and training a new person can be far in excess of the course fee. A week of renewal and development is a way of increasing the loyalty and passion of your people.
- Benefit from the new ideas, skills and contacts your delegates bring back to your business. The program brings competitors and supply chain participants together in one room for a week in a disarmed, non-commercial environment. There is immense scope for your delegates to develop new business opportunities.
HIA Scholarships for Vegetable Levy Payers
Horticulture Innovation Australia is encouraging middle and high-level vegetable industry managers to apply for one of six funded opportunities to attend the 2018 PMA A-NZ Produce Executive Program. The Hort Innovation scholarship will cover the Program registration fee (which includes instruction, accommodation, all meals, books and supplies) however participant’s must fund their own travel expenses to and from the venue.
To apply, email Bianca Cairns, R&D Manager email@example.com for a short application form which must be completed and submitted before 23 March 2018
Testimonials from past participants
'The program was an excellent opportunity to work with people from all areas of the industry.
The guest speakers were particularly insightful.'
James Hepworth, Category Manager - Woolworths
'Amazing, the best management/information course I have attended. I have learnt more than I expected, way and above.'
Matthew Elasi, National Procurement Manager - Perfection Fresh Australia
'Very engaging and informative. The range of participants provided excellent networking opportunities at the right business level.'
Kym Ziersch, State Sales Manager - Visy Industries
'Realistic, innovative, exciting. The best aspect was being able to challenge my thoughts and ideas.'
Adam Knapp, Produce Manager - Smiths Enterprises
'A life changing program. The facilitators are of a very high calibre.'
Alan Brunato, RPC Specialist - CHEP Australia
are proud to sponsor the individual delegates of PMA A-NZ member companies to the Produce Executive Program in 2016 at a level of A$1000. This is in recognition of the unique nature of this program and its valuable contribution to executive education within the Australian Horticulture industry for the last 15 years.
PMA Australia-New Zealand Limited is the first stand-alone global affiliate of Produce Marketing Association (PMA) - the leading global trade association serving the entire produce and floral supply chains. A key priority of PMA A-NZ is to assist the produce community and its value chain across Australia and New Zealand to attract, develop and retain talent. To this end, PMA A-NZ is proud to partner with the Institute of Food and Grocery Management as lead sponsor of the Produce Executive Program.
For further information please contact the Program Manager, Anita Pike ator 03 8640 0947.