Seafood Executive Program
The Seafood Executive Program is a fully residential (accommodation and meals included in the course fee) business school style executive development program led by world class teachers alongside industry experts. The format contains a mix of interactive lectures, syndicate groups, case studies, group assignment workshops and industry discussion sessions. Participants are rotated through different syndicate groups to facilitate networking opportunities and increase exposure to the experiences, ideas and opinions of others in the seafood business.
This program is for present and next generation leaders in the Australasian seafood industry. The seminar format is a unique blend of professional development, skill enhancement, industry forum, practical learning experience and networking opportunity.
Who should attend?
The program is for owners, managers and emerging leaders from across all segments and throughout the supply chain of the Australian and New Zealand seafood industry. We will take no more than 36 participants which ensures you have plenty of opportunity to develop strong relationships with other delegates and faculty throughout the week
Why should you attend?
- Network and address business and industry challenges with others from throughout the supply chain and across multiple seafood segments.
- Generate and develop several new ideas to take back to your business. With so much expertise in the room you will have huge opportunity to gain new perspectives on the challenges you face.
- Expand your understanding of the modern seafood consumer.
- Learn new skills and strategies in negotiation, managing innovation, supply chain management, leading teams, marketing and succeeding in new markets.
Why should you send your people?
- Reward and up-skill your key talent. The program is a tool to help you develop and retain your most important assets. The cost of hiring and training a new person can be far in excess of the course fee. A week of renewal and development is a way of increasing the loyalty and passion of your people.
- Benefit from the new ideas, skills and contacts your delegates bring back to your business. The program brings competitors and supply chain participants together in one room for a week in a disarmed, non-commercial environment. There is immense scope for your delegates to develop new business opportunities.
Testimonials from past participants
'Brilliant - the program allowed me to learn more about the entire industry. The IDEA generation, David Hughes and negotiation sessions were particular highlights.'
Callan Paske, Brand Manager - Huon Aquaculture
'I have been able to put some of the learning from the program into practice and have been working on restructuring the business so I can work at a higher level more often. I really feel the course has set my thinking on a new direction and I want to keep it in that heading.'
Andre Gorissen, Owner - Noosa Junction Seafood Market
'Overall the program was highly engaging and informative. The field trips were great.'
Hamish Allen, Seafood Buyer- Woolworths
'I found the program very good in terms of helping me understand our end customer as an exporter. Really liked the group project, networking and finding out about issues in Australia.'
Phil Kilgour, Operations Manager - Kono Seafood
'It's been extremely valuable to meet, mingle and understand the motivations of people in different sectors of the industry. Plus an opportunity to build relationships with big wholesalers and retailers that I haven't had much exposure to.'
Jonas Woolford, Director - Eyrewoolf Enterprises
'Very interesting, relevant to my needs and worth the week away. The venue is amazing and the calibre of industry expertise and the structure of the program is really good.'
Gail Thiele, Owner - Barramundi Gardens
For more details contact the program manager Anita Pike on firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 8640 0947.