Meat Executive Program
The Meat Executive Program is a fully residential business school style executive program with a unique blend of skill development, industry learning and networking led by world class teachers alongside industry experts. The program has limited places available (no more than 42) and participants come from throughout the industry supply chain.
The faculty work with participants intensively in small groups and are available for individual discussions throughout the week to create the kind of learning experience that makes a real difference. Delegates are rotated through different syndicate groups to facilitate networking opportunities and increase exposure to the experiences, ideas and opinions of others in the meat business. Participants will examine a range of management and industry issues from the varying perspectives across the supply chain and develop winning business strategies for today’s global meat industry from the best in the industry.
The seminar format incorporates faculty lectures, in-depth case studies, a field trip, workshops on issues and opportunities, group discussions and guest presentations from industry leaders.
Date:21 – 26 October 2018
Venue:Waurn Ponds Estate, Deakin University, Geelong VIC
Registration fee:$7,950 plus GST (credit cards incur a 2% surcharge).
Early Bird Discount$500 off the registration fee for registrations by the 6th of July 2018. We offer bigger discounts for groups of 3 or more participants – please enquire for further details.
Who should attend?
Business owners and senior and middle managers from all industry segments. Previous classes represented the beef, lamb, pork and chicken sectors and also the various elements of the supply chain, from genetics through production, processing, wholesaling, retailing, foodservice and exporting.
Why should you attend?
- Step back from your day to day responsibilities and acquire the knowledge and skills required of today's senior industry executives.
- Learn and network for a week with industry people from throughout the supply chain and across multiple segments.
- Generate and develop several new ideas to take back to your business. The program is like a factory of ideas. With so much expertise in the room you will have huge opportunity to gain new perspectives on the challenges you face.
- Learn new skills and strategies in areas including negotiation, managing innovation, supply chain management, leading teams, marketing and succeeding in new markets.
Why should you send your people?
- Reward and up-skill your key talent. The program is a tool to help you develop and retain your most important assets. The cost of hiring and training a new person can be far in excess of the course fee. A week of renewal and development is a way of increasing the loyalty and passion of your people.
- Benefit from the new ideas, skills and contacts your delegates bring back to your business. The program brings competitors and supply chain participants together in one room for a week in a disarmed, non-commercial environment. There is immense scope for your delegates to develop new business opportunities.
Testimonials from past participants
'The excellent quality of the presenters really stands out and put this program above the rest'
Melissa Neal, National Lamb Supply Chain Officer - DEPI / Sheep CRC / Australian Meat Processor Corporation
'An oustanding and well run Program. The presenters were always extremely interesting. The skills and knowledge gained will last a life time.'
Adam Sheehan, Shipping Manager - JBS Australia
'Excellent. Overall the content was extremely relevant. The learnings were exciting and applicable and it was a great opportunity to network and hear from industry leaders.'
Stuart Dowling, Retail Specialist - Woolworths Ltd
'Very well executed Program with useful insights, tools and techniques that can be taken away and used. Great networking.'
Paul da Silva, Marketing Manager - Rivalea Australia
'Fantasically run, facilitated, programmed and coordinated. Thank you, by far the best and most inspiring and interesting course I've been on.'
Adam Milosz, Senior Product Developer Meat - Coles Brands - Coles Supermarkets
'Well above expectations. I came away with a new framework for understanding my role and business.'
Adam Laitt, Business Development Manager - Milne AgriGroup